Blade Dynamics offers competitive salary packages and the opportunity to be part of an exciting young company, working in the new and dynamic field of wind turbine technology. We are always interested in hearing from outstanding candidates in the field of advanced composites and wind turbine blade technology. If you think your skills are relevant, and you are interested in joining in developing the future of wind turbine blade technology, please send a CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. Every application is carefully considered by our human resources team
Experienced Composites Experts and Engineers Required - Hampshire, UK
Blade Dynamics are looking for high achieving individuals with a passion for technical excellence to join their UK technology team. The candidates will work alongside the existing highly skilled team on some interesting new technologies and products in the area of large wind turbine blades.
Blade Dynamics is an innovative and technically aggressive organisation with huge potential for growth for the right individuals, both in terms of personal exposure to many facets of the business and many technologies and also in terms of opportunities within a growing company.
Composites Processing Expert / Project Manager
Reporting to the Technical Director the role requires working with structural designers, composite technicians and materials scientists to develop, project manage, prototype and scale up to manufacturing new technologies. Ideally degree qualified in engineering or science related discipline and with 5 years of experience in wind, marine, aerospace or automotive composites. Ideal candidates with have good theoretical and practical knowledge in the areas of prepreg, vacuum resin infusion, tooling technology, rapid prototyping. Candidates must have demonstrable experience of managing large multifunctional projects and project teams.
Senior Composites Designer/Structural Engineer
Ideally an engineering or science graduate with at least 5 years experience of designing with composites in the wind blade, marine, aerospace or automotive sector. Knowledge of structural theory, stress calculations, finite element modelling, composites processing and failure mechanisms are essential. Candidates should be familiar with commonly used tools such as FEA, 2D and 3D CAD and laminate failure prediction. Experience of leading multifunctional design groups on new products and also validation and testing of products would be a big advantage.
Structural Engineers - New Orleans, LA
Blade Dynamics is looking for structural engineers to join their technical team in New Orleans, Louisiana. The successful candidates will work within an established team of world class engineers and materials scientists to design, develop, manufacture and test the next generation of wind turbine blades. The role will involve managing specific project tasks, or a whole project, from the initial conceptual design through prototyping, testing, certification and production. Ideally the successful candidate will have at least a M.S. and two years of post graduate experience or a B.S. and five years of experience in a related industry, in a structural engineering role.
- Excellent understanding of structural design principles and practices.
- Experience in structural design using advanced composite materials.
- Ability to perform classical hand calculations and develop spreadsheets for design and analysis purposes.
- Proven experience using FEA (Abaqus, Ansys, Nastran, etc).
- Ability to approach engineering tasks from first principles.
- Excellent analytical skills (gathering, organizing and analyzing data; drawing conclusions).
- Some experience using CAD tools like AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA, etc.
Knowledge in one or more of the following areas will be considered as a plus,
- Structural testing.
- Structural dynamics.
- Fatigue and fracture mechanics analysis.
- Aeroelasticity and aerodynamics.
- Structural reliability.
- Experience working following design codes and liaison with certification bodies.
In return Blade Dynamics will offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting young company, working in the new and dynamic field of wind turbine technology.
If you would like to be a member of the Blade Dynamics Team, please submit your resume, covering letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
making sure 'Structural Engineer' is the subject line of your email
CAD Designer - Hampshire
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, managing and maintaining two and three-dimensional CAD models of wind turbine blades and subcomponents.
Industry experience using three-dimensional CAD tools like CATIA, Solidworks or Pro/E and two-dimensional CAD using AutoCAD are a must.
- Knowledge of tool, mould and jig design in the wind energy, marine or aerospace industries would be a strong advantage. Previous experience drafting advanced composite structures is also a plus.
- The role will require continuous interaction with the aerodynamic, structural and manufacturing teams. Thus, this is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting young company and to make a significant difference to wind turbine technology.
If you would like to be a member of the Blade Dynamics Team, please submit your resume, covering letter and salary requirements to:email@example.com
making sure 'CAD Designer' is the subject line of your email
If your qualifications meet our requirements, a Blade Dynamics representative may contact you for further discussion. Please provide a current phone number and indicate best time to contact.